Saturday 6 December 2014

EVERTON SECURITY GUARDS 5 BLOGGER 0!

EVERTON U18 2 V MANCHESTER CITY U18 1
6 DEC 11AM-----BARCLAYS U18 PREMIER LEAGUE@ Finch Farm Halewood
The title here gives credence to why many of us watch non league football for the freedom and its welcome as opposed to world of Premiership/Football League clubs.
This blog has been set up to promote the wonders of non league football and its not my intention to allocate any criticisms of the hard working non league volunteers and so this article in relation to a professional club will I'm determined be an exception to the normal blog.
Everton's Academy at Finch Farm is a superb facility let me make that clear from the start and on arrival I was impressed as a guest today of the match official I looked forward to adding this visit to the blog and after a tea on the cafe area it had been a good start.
Sadly on departure I encountered the 'wardens' being advised I could not take a picture of the front of the academy building and Everton badge and would not be allowed any pictures while on the complex.  I can just about understand the player pictures at an Academy but the next bit amazed me even further.  I thought I would walk over the approach road from our car park a spot that I soon realised when shouted back again and told 'you cant walk over there that's the professionals car park'!  A car park that had about five cars in it.  I was then advised, it must be said always in a courteous manner, which paths I could use to access the pitch.  During the two games being played there were always two security wardens on duty at each watching for I guess any supporter misdemeanour.  Mind you the guards watching failed to have a word with one of the goalkeepers, I wont mention which team, who decided to take a call of nature in a nearby hedge by the pitch.
At the end the over officiousness continued with a mini walkway created for the players to leave the pitch.  Good grief its no wonder Premiership/Football League clubs are losing touch with their fans, I guess I should have been grateful that I was allowed to view the game with the other 100 or so who were in attendance. As a friend commented it would appear fans are not too important to top clubs it may just be about the sponsors.
The game well that was a fast paced encounter on a bitterly cold morning with some good skills on show from both sides and it was Everton who ran at 2-1 winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment